What Is Plasma-Fibroblast Treatment?
It is a non-invasive/non-surgical procedure for facial rejuvenation with breathtaking results. This innovative technique cannot cause the so-called “over lifting” of a surgical procedure. It is a very effective method that is less expensive and less complicated than normal surgery, yet the end results are still comparable to soft surgery treatment.
When the thermal energy from a plasma device reaches around 1mm from the skin it mixes with oxygen and nitrogen in the atmosphere and creates a plasma arc, which vaporizes upon contact with the skin. This treatment is an active answer to your need for a beauty treatment that provides smoother, tightened & lifted skin. This treatment is great for saggy, wrinkly, crepey skin.
A partial effect can be seen immediately after the treatment. You need to wait 8-12 weeks to see the full results as new collagen is forming in the dermis skin layer. The procedure can be carried out only by a certified specialist.
How does it work?
- After the skin is prepped with numbing agent, Fibroblast Skin-Tightening treatment uses small electric arch which is transmitted through a small probe. The probe itself doesn’t go into the skin or even touch the skin. Treated tissue “coagulates” & “sublimates” and we avoid spreading unwanted heat to the surrounding areas. The principle is to ionize gases in the air to create a small electrical arch similar to a tiny lightning bolt. Epidermal areas, which are affected by aesthetic problems, may be treated without spreading unwanted heat to the surrounding areas.
- The arc causes superficial damage to the upper dermal layer of skin and transmits heat to the lower levels of skin to generate collagen and elastin fibers that can fade as we age.
- Since Fibroblast Skin-Tightening treatment is a non-surgical procedure, it’s results may not be as dramatic as results of surgery; but it is an effective method with limited capacity, giving natural looking results that can often be breath-taking.
Because Plasma Fibroblast Skin–Tightening treatment is based on producing new collagen and elastin, we can use it on almost every area of the body that has loose/saggy skin. We can also treat areas where we want to rejuvenate the skin, make the skin tighter, and make stretch marks & scars less visible.
The procedure is based on the natural stimulation of skin regeneration, which makes it exceptionally safe with virtually no side effects or they occur very rarely.
WHAT CAN WE TREAT WITH PLASMA-FIBROBLAST TIGHTENING?
BASICALLY, IT IS SUITABLE FOR ALMOST ANY AREA ON THE BODY WITH LOOSE/SAGGY SKIN
We can get rid of wrinkles on the skin, lessen imperfections on the surface as well as improve texture & tone of the skin.
Most popular treatments:
- Upper/lower eyelids
- Brow lift
- Nose contouring
- Lip augmentation
- Acne scar reduction
- Skin Tag removal
- Angry lines
- Crows feet
- Smile lines
- Nasal/Labial lines
- Forehead lines
Skin tightening and lifting:
- Belly tightening
- Neck tightening
- Jaw lifting
- Breast lifting
- Knee tightening
- Hands tightening
- Full face rejuvenation
- Stretch marks & scar rejuvenation
- Cherry Angioma
The major advantages are:
- NO injectable anesthetic is required,
- NO cutting of the skin,
- NO stitches,
- NO bleeding,
- NO bruises,
- NO thinning of the skin,
- Very low-risk procedure (minimal risk),
- Minimal side effects and far less downtime is required,
- Quick and easy procedure,
- Significant cost-saving method.
Skin conditions we CANNOT treat with Plasma-Fibroblast Tightening method
It’s important to remember that Plasma-Fibroblast Tightening treatment works best on saggy and wrinkly, but healthy skin. Only in this case, can we get amazing results this method provides.
It is generally suitable for most people, most skin types, and textures, as it is particularly effective at treating notoriously difficult to treat areas, namely around the eyes (periorbital) and around the mouth (perioral). But there are some contraindications.
Listed below are skin conditions we must not treat with the Plasma-Fibroblast Tightening method!
- If a client’s skin is prone to scarring/keloid scarring (usually darker skin)
- If clients are prone to hyperpigmentation or melasma
- If a client has darker skin (Fitzpatrick scale skin type VI)
Visible skin irritations are contraindicated:
- Severe active acne
- Moles and birthmarks
- Dermatitis or eczema
- Severe skin conditions
- Open wounds
- Psoriasis or vitiligo
It is not allowed to perform treatment if:
- If a client has severe diabetes (People with type 1 diabetes that is under control can be treated)
- If a client has allergies or sensitivities to any of the products used during the treatment
- If a client is being treated with blood-thinning medications
- If a client is immune-deficient or has any other auto-immune disorder (need doctor approval)
- If a client is pregnant or is breastfeeding
- a client has a pacemaker (due to the frequency of a pacemaker). Only with doctor approval
- a client is a cancer patient, going through chemotherapy or irradiation.
- a client has been taking acne medications (Roaccutane) in the last year. (must wait 1 year after taking)
- a client uses products with acids or has recently had a chemical peel, laser, dermapen, been sunbathing/tanning bed, etc. (treatment can be done after 1 month post these procedures)
How long does the treatment take?
First, the topical anesthetic (cream) must be applied, minimizing the risk of pain and numbing the treated area. The anesthetic takes effect 20-30 minutes after the application. Depending on the area treated, the procedure itself does not take long, 30-40 minutes. The duration of the treatment (with anesthetic application): 45–90 minutes for mid-sized areas. Larger areas such as belly skin reduction can take up to 1.5-2h.
Is any special pre-treatment needed?
Yes, before the treatment, products with Alpha-hydroxy acids (AHAs) or TRETINOIN or any type of Vitamin A derivates should be avoided. Also, we treat only natural skin color, not tanned!
During the consultation, you should mention all recent surgical or aesthetic procedures.
!!! In case you have any health problems, but you are not sure whether you are a suitable candidate, you should consult a doctor before the treatment!!!
Is the procedure painful?
Since Fibroblast-skin tightening is a non-invasive procedure, and the area that is treated is numbed, you should expect to experience no discomfort. If any discomfort is felt it is very little. Numbing agent is applied as needed during the treatment as well to keep you comfortable. After the treatment, soothing aftercare products are applied to the treated area. You will experience redness for a day or more depending on your sensitivity.
Clients who will receive Plasma-Fibroblast treatment around the eyes will mostly experience swelling, which can last 2-4days. A small crust (called carbon crusts) will form on the treated areas. It is very important not to pick them and wait 4-6 days for them to fall off naturally. (on occasion this time frame can be up to 8-10 days)
Is the treatment safe?
The treatment is very safe, as it is a non-surgical procedure. It has a negligible amount of possible side effects or serious complications. The procedure is based on the natural stimulation of skin regeneration.
Fibroblast-Skin Tightening treatment takes a very short time. Clients who neglect the instructions for aftercare, may suffer from inflammation, hyperpigmentation, scarring …trust the process and follow the aftercare.
Are the results visible immediately after the treatment?
Results are usually visible immediately after the treatment, but know that the maximum results will be visible 6–12 weeks after when the skin enters the third phase of the healing process – new collagen and connective tissue growth. So, results are usually visible immediately, but the end results follow 6–12 weeks after treatment.
How many treatments are required for a perfect result?
Depending on the state of the client’s skin and the desired degree of correction, the client is often satisfied after only one treatment. However, PF is usually a 2 session treatment. Often, the client opts for even three treatments to achieve a perfect result. 2nd & 3rd treatments are usually offered with a discount, provided that you didn’t purchase your first session during a special offer or promotion.
When can I repeat the treatment?
The procedure may be repeated after the skin is fully regenerated & when there are no visible signs of previous treatment. This is usually 6-12 weeks.
How long will the effect of this treatment last?
Since the aging process continues every day, results will vary in each individual. Results can be visible for 1-4 or 5 years with proper after care maintenance which is well worth the investment for a beautiful, natural look.
What to expect AFTER Plasma-Fibroblast?
- The burning sensation will soon reduce. Propolis serum helps with this.
- Anti-inflammatory or antihistamine medication can help only in severe cases.
- If the eye area has been treated, expect swelling for 2-3 days.
- To reduce swelling use Beta Masks.
- Dry colds pack may be used.
- Keep the treated area clean and dry (avoid cleaning the treated area for the first 24 hrs.). Preferably, keep area dry for 36 hours except for after care products.
- You will generally have some redness for 1-2 days. Use #1 Spray & Propolis
- Avoid alcohol-based cleansers (they would dry the skin and provoke the burning sensation). For cleansing, only use mild cleansers.
- On rare occasion you may notice small pimples (don’t worry, it’s a natural response for some skin types.
- If there is potential you might be exposed to the sun on day 1 or 2 apply aftercare #3 (sunscreen). Glasses, hats & scarves can be helpful.
- NEVER cover the treated area with plasters or bandages.
- Treatment review from 8-12 weeks onwards or when the skin is fully regenerated. Follow all aftercare the instructions. Aftercare is the KEY to success and represents 51% of the final result.
SKIN HEALING PHASE 1
An inflammatory response (Up to 7 days)
From the first moment of the skin tissue damage, the mast cells in the tissue release histamine. Histamine will trigger the inflammatory response. Simultaneously, the capillaries begin dilating and release plasma into the area as a part of the inflammatory response to injury.
The plasma contains nutrients, oxygen, antibodies, and white blood cells, and, they flush away any foreign material from the site of injury. It also acts as the carrier medium to bring fibrin and other materials to clot and repair the damaged area.
For the first 7 days you should:
- 24 hrs. post-treatment do not use water on the treated areas
- Use of Aftercare as directed by your specialist
- Keep the area clean and dry
- NEVER peel off the carbon crust
- Don’t wear makeup (for at least the first 3 days)
- No strenuous exercise/activity that would cause perspiring for minimum 24 hrs. & until redness has disappeared
- No sun (UV) exposure at ANY time & no swimming/sauna/working out
Aftercare #1 spray solution is an extremely important product as its primary ingredient is Vitamin B5, and we all know that Vitamin B5 is the Alpha and Omega of every wound cell healing. DEXPANTHENOL SOLUTION is needed for normal skin repair and wound healing. It moisturizes the skin and improves its natural protective mechanisms.
It is used for:
- Compresses in burns of the nasal and mucous membranes
- Compresses in burns and inflamed skin
- Washing the small surface wound
How to use:
- Use it for the first 24hr. after Plasma Fibroblast treatment.
- Gently spray area from 3-4 times a day
- Spray a cotton pad and tap over the treated area
- DO NOT scrub the treated area
- The solution can be used during the entire healing process, but it is essential to be applied immediately after the treatment is done and for the following 24h.
- After the first 24h, we will combine Aftercare #1 with using Aftercare #2 serum.
SKIN HEALING PHASE 2
Regenerative phase or Fibroblastic phase (from 7–28 days)
Once the wound is ready to move into the repair phase, a sequence of events occurs once more, and it is all part of the regenerative phase of wound healing, a part where “collagen synthesis” is taking place.
In this time period, from 5-28 days, the carbon crust will fall off and the new/baby skin starts to become visible.
During this stage, clients:
- Continue to use Aftercare No.1, No.2 & No.3
- Will be able to use makeup
- If possible, avoid sun exposure. Wear sunscreen with high UV factor protection, wear glasses and hats to block the skin from the sun.
SKIN HEALING PHASE 3
New collagen production phase (from 6-12 weeks after treatment)
Fibroblasts are normally found in low numbers in the dermis. Fibroblasts will multiply and migrate to the base of the wound once the treatment is done. That is possible only with the help of growth factors and a very important glycoprotein called fibronectin to produce new collagen tissue.
As you know, collagen is the major protein fiber in the dermis and Collagen Type III (wound collagen) appears in the wound first, about 4 days after the injury. Type III collagen is replaced by Type I collagen, which constitutes 90 % of the total collagen in the body. Type I collagen is a mature collagen tissue and has greater tensile strength.
A Little Info on Hyperpigmentation:
Hyperpigmentation does not cause scarring and will diminish over time, even without treatment. Recovery time varies, but on average it can take three to 12 months for dark areas on the skin to fade. But in some cases, it can take longer. The duration of recovery depends on the difference between the color of natural skin and tanned skin – the greater the difference, the longer it will take to even out the tone. Excessive sun exposure is considered to be the main cause of hyperpigmentation because sunlight stimulates melanin production. Melanin acts as natural protection of the skin from the sun by protecting it from harmful UV radiation; because of it, the skin exposed to the sun gets a tan. However, excessive sun exposure can disrupt this process and cause hyperpigmentation.
It is highly important to point out that after treatment, direct contact with sun rays (UV radiation) and the use of chemical products on the treated area should be avoided. SPF (Sun Protection Factor) is of key importance and an essential part of aftercare. The good news is that the problem of hyperpigmentation can be solved with proper care!
The most important step you need to take to prevent hyperpigmentation is sun protection. The sun’s rays affect the skin even when it is cloudy outside, so it is important to provide daily protection for the skin.
Pricing includes after care products. Face treatments include soothing face mask afterwards.
Full Eye Lift: $450
(includes full orbital area, crow’s feet & above eye)
Brow Lift: $450
Crow’s Feet: $350
Jaw Lift: $450
Cheek Lift: $450
Nasolabial Lines Only: $450
Upper/Lower Lip: $350
Full Face: $600
Acne Scaring: (minimum) $400
Neck Lift: $450
Knee Lift: $600
Belly Lift: $500-$600
Full Face, Neck, Decollete: $950
Breast Lift: $800
Hands (both): $400
Scars – Price depends on size & number of scars
Skin Tags (5/$200) ea. $50